HOW IT WORKS
CataGreenTM functions in series with the DeCaIonTM descaling system to manage micro-organisms at safe levels in evaporative cooling systems, eliminating the need for chemical biocides.CataGreenTM modules contain an adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) inhibitor immobilised on a fluidised bed comprising purpose-designed polymer beads.
ATP is a complex macromolecule that serves as the primary energy currency within all living cells. Without the ability to create ATP, micro-organisms such as bacteria, algae and fungi, effectively starve and die.
- Non-hazardous and safe for the environment – no more chemical handling and no toxic biocides in your waste stream.
- Cost competitive with chemical biocides.
- Self-regenerating active component – modules have a six month service life.
- Compatible with all forms of evaporative cooling equipment.
- Highly effective over a wide pH range.
- Integrated with the DeCaIonTM non-chemical descaling system.